New Jersey law allows a person who will be 18 on or before Election Day to register to vote before their 18th birthday.
Request a voter registration application (see link above), fill it out and return to the board of elections. To register to vote before you 18th birthday, you must:
- Live in the district in which you expect to vote,
- Be 18 years old or more at the next election
- Be a United States citizen
- Continue to live in the district until the next election
- Fulfill the requirements as to length of residence to qualify to vote
- Register before the registration deadline for the election you wish to vote in.
Once returned to the Board of Elections, you will automatically be registered when you are 18. To confirm your registration, you can go to the Am I Registered link or button in the Union County Votes App.